How Does Bifidobacterium longum BB536 Helps In Yeast Overgrowth?
Millions of women suffer vaginal yeast infections every year. Yeast infection is caused by candida albicans which is usually present in our GI tract. Maintaining the correct pH in your gut is one of the most important things you can do to reduce yeast overgrowth. The acidic environment in your stomach and intestines is hugely important – it’s your first line of defense against pathogens that enter your digestive system. The candida yeast likes an alkaline environment, which is often brought about by a course of antibiotics which killed the acid-producing good bacteria in your stomach.
Bifidobacterium longum BB536 is a probiotic strain that quickly re-populates your intestines with good bacteria and produces lactic and acetic acids which helps to rebalance the pH in your intestine and restore the acidity that is needed to curb the yeast overgrowth.
How Important is Probiotic Stability and Survivability?
Probiotics are by definition live microorganisms. Hence, moisture, temperature, as well as the acidic environment of the stomach, can be detrimental to probiotics. If it doesn’t get into your intestines alive, it is more or less useless. Morinaga BB536 uses a proprietary culturing technology which makes it stable at room-temperature and stable enough to reach the intestines alive!
Study by Morinaga Japan
Reseeding Your Good Bacteria For Digestive Balance
The human gut is a complex ecosystem consisting of nearly 500 microbial species, amounting to trillions of bacterial cells. HP-ProGuard restores proper balance to your inner ecosystem of good bacteria which may have been disrupted by stress, medications especially antibiotics, poor diet, unhealthy lifestyle and environmental factors. It has been shown to support a healthy immune system and provide a natural defense against digestive problems.
Kick Start Your Great Day with HP-ProGuard
- Contains both Probiotic and Prebiotic
- Min. 4 Billion CFUs per Serving of Bifidobacterium longum BB536, a patented probiotic from Japan
- Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS), a prebiotic of dairy origin
- Natural Taste
- No Colouring and Flavouring
- No Preservative
- Conveniently Packed in Individually Sealed Sachets
HP-ProGuard is different from other products
You can easily find functional foods and supplements containing probiotics from today’s market. Bear in mind that not all of them are of the same quality i.e. having the same types or quantities. BB536 is of human origin, found in a healthy human gut from birth. Unlike most probiotics which are of plant and animal origin. Besides, more CFUs (colony forming unit) counts or more types of probiotic species do not necessarily mean better quality – scientific evidence should come before these.
Choose The Right Probiotic
Why BB536 and GOS?
|CHOOSING THE RIGHT PROBIOTIC||Bifidobacterium longum BB536|
|Be ALIVE when administered||High stability:|
Proprietary culturing technology to support the survivability of BB536.
Contains live and active cultures:
Each sachet of HP-ProGuard contains min. 4 Billion CFUs of BB536.
|Be SAFE for its intended use||Safety is well-documented:|
Scientifically and clinically proven.
GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) status by US FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Products with BB536 are claimed as FOSHU (Food for Specified Health Uses) in Japan
FOSHU is food that contains ingredient which has beneficial functions to health and is officially approved to claim its physiological beneficial effects on human body.
|Extensively evaluated to document HEALTH BENEFITS in the target host||One of the world’s most studied probiotic strains|
Health efficacies of BB536 are supported by numerous scientific papers.
|WHAT MAKES A GOOD PREBIOTIC||Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS)|
|RESISTANCE TO DEGRADATION by mammalian enzymes or hydrolysis||Non-digestible:|
Prebiotics must be durable enough to remain intact while passing through the digestive tract until fermented by the beneficial intestinal bacteria.
|Be SAFE for its intended use||Wide use including in infant products:|
Due to the similarity to the HMO (Human Milk Oligosaccharides) which occurs naturally in human milk, GOS is also widely used in infant products to stimulate the growth of intestinal Bifidobacteria in order to maintain a good intestinal environment and improves the immune system.
A well-balanced gut microflora is essential
- Support yeast balance
- Keeps harmful microorganisms in check
- Supports the body’s natural defences
- Supports normal bowel functions
- Relieves gastrointestinal (GI) disturbances
- Studies have associated diseases such as IBD, obesity, colorectal cancer, diabetes and allergies with imbalances in the composition of gut microflora.
What If You Are Taking Antibiotics?
If you are taking antibiotics, you can still consume HP-ProGuard. Antibiotics work well at killing the bad bacteria that make you ill. However, they also kill the good ones too. Therefore, you need HP-ProGuard to replenish your gut with the good bacteria and boost their growth. It is recommended to wait for at least 2 hours after taking the antibiotics, before consuming HP-ProGuard. Nevertheless, if symptoms persist, please consult your healthcare practitioner.
HP-Proguard Does Not Need Cold Storage, Convenient Yet Healthy
HP-ProGuard is room temperature safe and no refrigeration is required. HP-ProGuard comes in a convenient sachet i.e. small and light, that can be carried along wherever you go.
BB536 is well supported by numerous scientific papers
1. Effect of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 administration on the intestinal environment, defecation frequency and fecal characteristics of human volunteers. Ogata T, et al., Bioscience Microflora, 16, 53-58 (1997), Japan.
2. Effect of yogurt containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on the intestinal environment, fecal characteristics and defecation frequency. Yaeshima T, et al., Bioscience Microflora, 16, 73-77 (1997), Japan
3. Effect of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 yogurt administration on the intestinal environment of healthy adults. Ogata T, et al., Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease, 11, 41-46 (1999), Japan.
4. Effect of non-fermented milk containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on the defecation frequency and fecal characteristics in healthy adults. Yaeshima T, et al., Journal of Nutritional Food 4, 1-6 (2001), Japan
5. Effect of yogurt containing Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on the defecation frequency and fecal characteristics of healthy adults: A double-blind cross over study. Xiao JZ, et al., Jpn. J. Lactic Acid Bact. 18, 31-36 (2007), Japan
6. Modulatory effects of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 on defecation in elderly patients receiving enteral feeding. Kondo J, et al., World J Gastroenterol, 19(14): 2162-2170 (2013), Japan
7. Influence of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 intake on faecal microbiota in individuals with Japanese cedar pollinosis during the pollen season. Odamaki T, et al., J Med Microbiol. 56, 1301-1308 (2007), Japan
8. Effects of Bifidobacterium longum BB536 administration on influenza infection, influenza vaccine antibody titer, and cell-mediated immunity in the Elderly. Namba K, et al., Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 74, 939-945 (2010), Japan
9. Effect of a milk formula containing probiotics on the fecal microbiota of Asian infants at risk of atopic diseases. Mah KW, et al., Pediatr Res. 62, 674-679 (2007), Singapore
10. Assessment of the safety, tolerance, and protective effect against diarrhea of infant formulas containing mixtures of probiotics or probiotics and prebiotics in a randomized controlled trial. Chouraqui JP, et al., Am J Clin Nutr. 87, 1365-1373 (2008), France
11. Probiotic supplementation in the first 6 months of life in at risk Asian infants–effects on eczema and atopic sensitization at the age of 1 year. Soh SE, et al., Clin Exp Allergy 39, 571-578 (2009), Singapore
12. Maternal probiotic supplementation during pregnancy and breast-feeding reduces the risk of eczema in the infant. Rautava S, et al., J Allergy Clin Immunol. 130(6):1355-60 (2012), Finland
We have stockist in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perak, Pahang, Terengganu, Johor, Sarawak.
Here is the full stockist list