10 Interesting Facts About Our Digestive System:
- On average, our stomach holds about 2 liters of content
- Our stomach contains about 35 million small digestive glands
- Our stomach produces about 2.5 liters of gastric juice daily
- We produce about 1 liter of saliva every day
- Our liver performs 500 different functions
- Our liver is the largest and heaviest internal organ and weighs about 1.6 kg
- On average, it takes about 8 seconds for our food to travel down the food pipe
- Food will get into your stomach even if you stand on your head
- Our large intestine is about 6 feet and our small intestine is 21 feet long
- Our liver is the only organ in our body that is able to regenerate itself completely even after being removed almost completely.
Papaya Enzymes (Papain)- Natural Remedy For Heartburn
Is Your Digestive System Working Well?
Aren’t There Enough Enzymes in the Food We Eat?
12 Foods That Contain Natural Digestive Enzymes
10 Interesting Facts About Our Digestive System
LiveZymes – Digestive Enzymes From 12 Different Food & Fruits