Regulate Blood Sugar & Combat Metabolic Syndrome
What is AshiGuard?
AshiGuard is a whole food supplement that contains Ashitaba plant. AshiGuard contains 40x more Chalcones compared to regular Ashitaba powder or tea. Chalcones have been found to have blood glucose lowering properties.
Advantages of AshiGuard
Regulates and stabilizes blood sugar
Reduces & prevents metabolic syndrome
Reduces LDL cholesterol
Decreases visceral fat
Each bottle contains 60 capsules.
100% pure Ashitaba with no fillers.
Each capsule contains:
- 100mg Ashitaba Chalcone powder (standardized to 8% chalcones)
- 400mg Organic Ashitaba Powder
- One capsule twice daily preferably after meals
Manufactured in Malaysia in collaboration with Japan Bio Science Laboratory Co. Ltd. (JBSL) of Japan.
This product is approved by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MAL17127004TC)
Information & Facts
What is metabolic syndrome?
Metabolic syndrome is a condition found in patients that have a combination of conditions such as:
- Increased abdominal measurement or belly fat
- Elevated blood pressure
- High LDL cholesterol levels, low HDL cholesterol levels
- Elevated blood sugar or diabetes
The cause of metabolic syndrome is highly related to obesity, unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise. Metabolic syndrome increases the risk of heart problems, glucose intolerance and death.
Ashitaba - The New Superfood
Ashitaba (also know as Angelica Keiskei) is a native Japanese apiaceous plant that has its origin on Hachijo Island, Japan. The inhabitants of Hachijo Island are well known for their longevity and good health. Ashitaba has been an integral part of their diet for hundreds of years.
Ashitaba means “Tomorrow Leaf” in Japanese. Its vital life force is so strong that it is believed to grow new leaf tomorrow if you were to pick one of its leaves today. Due to its rich nutrition and remarkable healing effects, Ashitaba gained its fine reputation as longevity grass.
Ashitaba Chalcones Regulates Blood Sugar
Ashitaba has been known to contain two major chalcones which are Xanthoangelol (XA) and 4–hydroxyderricin (4HD). These two chalcones have been found to have glucose lowering activities such as the induction of adipocyte differentiation and the enhancement of glucose uptake. It increases insulin sensitivity, lowers and stabilizes blood sugar levels.
XA and 4HD have been shown to increase adiponectin production which helps lower blood sugar levels. It may act on gene level causing expression of genes that control better levels of blood sugar and improved levels of Lipid Profile.
Ashitaba Prevents Metabolic Syndrome
Chalcones found in AshiGuard (XA and 4HD) have been scientifically proven to control metabolic syndrome. Ashitaba Chalcones help promote the expression of the adiponectin gene and 3t3-l1 adiponectin adipogenesis in order to prevent metabolic syndrome.
By reducing LDL cholesterol, regulating blood sugar and decreasing visceral fats, Ashitaba chalcone is the ideal candidate to fight metabolic syndrome.
1. Efficacy and Safety of Ashitaba (Angelica keiskei) on the Patients and Candidates with Metabolic Syndrome: A Pilot Study
Ohnogi H. et al, 2012 Volume 9 Issue 1 Pages 49-55
2. Angelica keiskei extract improves insulin resistance and hypertriglyceridemia in rats fed a high-fructose drink.
Ohnogi H. et al, Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76(5):928-32. Epub 2012 May 7.
3. Antidiabetic activities of chalcones isolated from a Japanese Herb, Angelica keiskei.
Enoki T. et al, J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Jul 25;55(15):6013-7. Epub 2007 Jun 21.
4. Six new chalcones from Angelica keiskei inducing adiponectin production in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
Ohnogi H. et al, Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76(5):961-6. Epub 2012 May 7.
5. Antidiabetic effect and safety of long-term ingestion of “Ashitaba” (Angelica Keiskei) Powder containing Chalcone (4HD) on borderline mild hyperglycemia
Ohnogi H. et al, Japanese Pharmacology & Therapeutics Jun. 20, 2007